Who doesn’t want beautiful, glowing bronzed skin? Many people want the beach glow without the harmful effects of tanning in the sun thrown into the mix, though. This is the reason why they turn to spray tanners instead.
So how can one achieve the best possible results from spray tanning in Brisbane? Here’s a quick guide.
Before attempting a DIY spray tan, make sure you have all the needed material ready.
- Spray Tan – choose the right one. That includes considering your skin type and the exact hue you want to achieve
- Exfoliating Scrub – to remove dead skin cells and help you create smooth and even tan after application
- Latex Gloves – because you don’t want to stain your hands. The palms do not tan naturally. And staining them is a quick indicator that your tan came straight from a bottle.
- Hair Tie – because you don’t want your hair to get in the way
- Vaseline – much like palms, the skin underneath the eyebrows do not tan easily. Putting Vaseline protects them from the tanning spray
- Sponge – for evening out the spray tan in hard to reach places
- Mirror – to see what you’re doing, obviously
- Blow dryer – to speed up the drying process
You also need to allot plenty of time when you’re applying a spray tan. Alternatively you can do a quick search for something like the best spray tan Brisbane Northside.
Here’s how you actually go about the process.
- Shave areas where you don’t want hair. Do this at least an hour before the spray tan application.
- Exfoliate. This will make your skin smoother and let the spray tan appear more even. Do it an hour before.
- Make sure your skin is dry and the room isn’t full of moisture. Otherwise, the spray tan will streak.
- Apply Vaseline on eyebrows.
- Put on gloves.
Start applying the spray tan on the head area. Close your eyes and DO NOT breathe it in. From here, you can travel downward. Use the sponge to even out the tan.
Once done, wipe your wrists, elbows, the top of your feet and your knees with strong tissue. These areas require extra attention and always run the risk of turning a strange color.
Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after. Neglecting to do so can also turn them a weird color later on.
Finally, use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
By the way, if you have skin that’s dry or damaged, you may consider applying some moisturizer before applying the spray tan.
A few additional tips:
- Give the pray tan time to dry before putting on clothes.
- The best time to apply spray tans is before going to bed. Leaving the tan overnight has been known to bring fantastic results.
- Lemon juice is your best friend should tanning go wrong. The strong acid in the juice helps remove the tan fast, allowing you to reapply as needed.
- Avoid getting wet, sweating or swimming until after you’ve had your first shower after applying spray tan. Getting wet prior will cause the tan to streak.
And there you are. You get the glowing tan without baking in the sun. Minimal fuss, maximum results.